Lovers of indoor decorative dogs often have arguments about who is better: the Yorkshire Terrier or the Chihuahua. It is impossible to immediately answer this question because both in one and in the other breed there are many positive qualities and characteristics.
Yorkie Dog Breed Information
Owners of luxurious wool, reminiscent of human hair in its structure, will surely please people who dreamed of becoming hairdressers in childhood. Not to do these cuties hairstyles and haircuts simply will not work, because the wool grows without stopping, and without proper care, it simply loses its appearance.
Among the positive qualities of these dogs, it is worth highlighting:
- loyalty to the owner;
- good learning ability;
- the ability to train a dog to relieve natural needs in a tray;
- the ability to get along under the same roof with other pets;
- friendship with children;
- the possibility of keeping in small apartments;
- lack of seasonal abundant molt;
- indiscriminate diet.
The cons include the fact that:
- Yorkies need constant grooming;
- without education and training, the terrier can turn into an uncontrollable creature;
- feeding, caring for, and visiting exhibitions is quite expensive.
Chihuahua Dog Breed Information
Don’t underestimate Chihuahua babies. Real fighters with real temperaments are hiding under the appearance of a fragile creature. These dogs are hardy and unpretentious, they easily adapt to any living conditions.
Positive features of the breed are recognized:
- light and sociable temperament;
- loyalty to the owner;
- the ability to train your dog to walk on the tray;
- unpretentiousness in wool care;
- ease of transportation;
- ease of learning.
Among the cons, it is worth noting:
- the inability to get along with children who have not yet turned 12 years old;
- aggression and tendency to dominate with poor upbringing;
- impossibility of keeping together with other dogs;
From the above, it is worth emphasizing that Yorkies are much kinder and more welcoming than Chihuahuas. However, the keeping of the former is much more complicated. Terriers will be happy to play with kids, but it is better to keep Chihuahuas away from children since both the first and the second will experience negative emotions from spending time together.
Important! Who exactly to choose each person decides for himself. The only thing we can say for sure is that both Yorkies and Chihuahuas can live comfortably even in the smallest apartment.