The Border Collie is one of the most popular dog breeds in the world today. Initially, representatives of this breed appeared in England, where they were used as hounds. Basically, they were bred for the distillation of small ruminants and deer. There is speculation that the ancestors of the Border Collie were the Polish Lowland Sheepdogs, Greyhounds and Bearded Collies. At the end of the 19th century, a representative of the still emerging breed received the title of the best shepherd dog in Great Britain. As a working dog, the Border Collie was little known for a long time. The breed was officially recognized only in 1976.
This article has collected best names for your Border Collie.
Good Border Collie Names and Meanings
- Pixie: Indicating a small Fairy.
- Avery: Meaning poison ivy.
- Scout: Someone who keeps watch.
- Amy: A French word meaning beloved.
- Pandora: Meaning full of surprises.
- Candy: Meaning a sweet, or in Latin – dazzling white and glowing.
- Talia: Meaning beautiful and strong.
- Rene: Meaning reborn in French.
- Princess: The title for a Royal child.
- Pepper: As in the spice.
- Alexis: Meaning helper or defender.
- Raven: As in the bird, a close relative of the crow.
- Esther: Meaning star in Persian.
- Lady: A formal term for a woman of high standing.
- Anna: Meaning awesome.
- Sky: Meaning the vast skies around.
- Ellie: Meaning the light of a torch.
- Faith: Meaning belief.
- Zoe: Meaning a special gift.
- Kate: a Greek word meaning pure.
One Syllable Border Collie Names
If you have not found your pet’s name here, write in the comments, and we will be happy to include it in the list!