Of course, the breed and upbringing are of prime importance for the character of the dog. However, the character of a pet depends not only on them. For example, American veterinarian and astrologer Donald Wood concluded that a dog’s character is largely determined by its zodiac sign.
There is also an opinion that “winter” dogs are more decisive, firm, harsh, and stubborn. “Spring” is cheerful and a little frivolous. “Summer” – as a rule, cunning, docile, and flexible. And the “autumn” ones are often more compliant.
But besides the breed, upbringing, zodiac sign, and the season of birth, the nickname is also important. For example, Boris Higir is convinced that the nickname is coded information about the character of its bearer. After all, a nickname is not a random set of sounds, but a sum of phonemes that can induce a dog to behave in one way or another. According to this theory, when you give a puppy a nickname, thereby determines his fate and character.
Believe it or not – of course, everyone’s personal business. However, hardly anyone will argue with the fact that choosing a pet’s name is a responsible matter. We offer you a variety of nicknames suitable for a Labrador Retriever.
What should you call a Labrador? We offer you variants of names suitable for “boy” and “girl” of the Labrador breed.
Male Labrador Dog Names
- Archie, Aifosha, Alex, Alfie, Alvarez, Anri, Anton.
- Buddy, Baloo, Barex, Bari, Bars, Basya, Buff, Becker, Berrick, Best, Blake, Bond, Borya, Boss, Boatswain, Brown, Brulik, Bruce, Brut, Butch.
- Winnie, Vince, Whiskey, Wuff.
- Harry, Geras, Count.
- Dagir, Daimon, Dave, Denver, Jack, Jem, Jim, Joy, Johnny, Donut, Duke.
- Jean, Zhorik.
- Zach, Zeus.
- Kai, Cupcake, Clyde, Chris, Christoph, Cooper, Cash.
- Lucky, Leonardo, Locke, Lord, Luntik.
- Major, Mike, Mine, Max, Marik, Marion, Mark, Marley, Mars, Marseille, Martin, Massimo, Muffin, Mason, Mickey, Milord, Misha, Monberey, Monty, Motik, Motya, Mozart, Mustafa.
- Nathan, Neil.
- Oz, Oliver, Oscar, Ocean.
- Patrick, Petrusha, Pixie, Paul, Porsche, Pride, Bullet, Pooh.
- Rain, Ralph, Raph, Ray, Rick, Rich, Richard, Ricci, Robert, Roy, Roma, Romid, Roni, Rorsch, Rusch, Ryzhik, Ray.
- Simon, Saurman, Snoop, Stefan, Steve, Stitch, Stewart, Sam, Samuel.
- Tyren, Targo, Terry, Ters, Tim, Tim, Timka, Tito, Tishka, Toy, Tolik, Tony, Thor, Trevor, Tammy.
- Fabbie, Fantik, Fedor, Faith, Filya, Fin, Fram, Frigate, Fred, Freddie, Frank.
- Hamer, Hunter, Henk.
- Chuck, Charlie, Chester, Chet, Chups.
- Sherlock, Sean, Shunya.
- Eden, Adrian, Elton, Elbrus, Enter.
- Young, Yarik.
Female Labrador Dog Names
- Ike, Alice, Alma, Appa, Astra.
- Barcelona, Basia, Berta, Betsy, Betty, Burma, Bonnie, Bonya, Brandy, Bruce, Bel.
- Varya, Wendy, Venus, Venezuela, Vera, Vesta, Vika.
- Gabby, Gabiel, Gandhi, Gerda.
- Dakota, Dasha, Degira, Daisy, Jesse, Juna, Diana, Dina, Dora, Day.
- Zara, Zlata.
- Izzy, Isis, Isolde, Indy.
- Kylie, Kailin, Kasia, Kelly, Kim, Kira, Cora, Christie, Xanta, Carrie, Katie.
- Lucky, Lana, Lara, Letto, Lily, Lina, Linda, Lorda, Lorenzi, Lorri, Luna, Lyalya.
- Maya, Margot, Marika, Marley, Martha, Megan, Maggie, Melissa, Merry, Mila, Mia, Monica, Motya, Mary, Meridith.
- Nayla, Naya, Nevada, Nelly, Nessie, Nika, Nora, Nel, Nyusha.
- Burned, Plush, Polly, Pusya.
- Rebecca, Rica.
- Sabina, Sally, Sandy, Santa, Sarbona, Sweetty, Cecil, Siri, Sonya, Sophie, Stephanie.
- Tully, Teila, Tequila, Teri, Terra, Tessie, Thea, Tina.
- Faina, Fanny, Fanya, Fina, Flora, Floris.
- Hani, Hannah, Chloe.
- Cheila, Cheli, Cherry, Chessa.
- Shanni, Sherri.
- Ebi, Eileen, Elizabeth, Ellie, Elfa, Elya, Emily, Emma, Emmy.
- Yasmina, Yasya.
If you have not found your pet’s nickname here – leave it in the comments, we will definitely include it in the list!