Cat therapy, or felin therapy, is a method of treating sick people with the help of cats. It has been proven that a person who has a cat in his apartment is less likely to get sick and see a doctor. Fluffy pets help keep owners healthy and bring great joy to the entire family.
Cat therapy and its basic rules
Felin therapy is most common in Western countries, and in the United States of America, there is a special organization aimed at curing patients through animal therapy. It is noteworthy that cats begin treatment only of their own free will and goodwill. No matter how strong the desire of a person is, it will not be possible to force or force an animal to therapy.
Cat therapy begins with animal-to-human contact. If the cat has started treatment, there is no need to interfere with it. The easiest thing to do in this situation is to relax and have fun. Do not hold the animal by force. The fluffy healer knows when to stop and when to continue.
Animal therapy has a therapeutic effect on the following diseases:
- Cerebral palsy;
- multiple sclerosis;
- children’s psychodrama;
- cardiovascular disorders;
- anxiety; stress;
- rehabilitation after strokes, injuries, fractures.
Cats who know the owner well immediately sense the problem in his body. They begin therapy and accurately identify the most vulnerable spot. Every day, a pet will come to the owner and press its body against the sore spot. And if during the treatment the cat begins to rumble, then according to observations, the effectiveness of the treatment increases significantly.
Daily sessions of felin therapy will bring results. The pet owner will feel fresh and vigorous. It has been noticed that it is cats, and not cats, who carry out the treatment more effectively. Females relieve stress, as well as diseases of the nervous system.
The positive impact of furry healers
Scientists, doctors and psychologists agree that the cat breed has a positive effect on human mental health. Moreover, it is not enough just to have an animal at home, it is necessary to properly take care of it, love and respect it, and only then the pet will be able to fully trust and prove its healing abilities. Caring cats and cats help breadwinners in the following way:
- Eliminate human fears and doubts;
- Replenish the lack of heat, awakening positive emotions;
- They give the owner peace of mind.
According to some reports, people come into contact with pets even more often than with family and friends. This is due to the fact that four-legged friends are always ready to listen without censure and reproach. And this is what each of us needs, especially during the period of accumulated fatigue.
Cats have a positive effect on the internal organs of the owner, help fight colds and disease-causing bacteria. They also have a therapeutic effect on cardiovascular diseases, improve sleep and relieve insomnia. If you are a happy owner of fluffies, then you should check for yourself how they amazingly help in the treatment of osteochondrosis, relieve nervousness, irritability and depression.
To all the advantages of four-legged friends, you can add the treatment of headaches and the normalization of blood pressure. Cats also help in accelerating wound healing.
Therapeutic methods of felin therapy
How do cats relate to their owners? There are several exposure options.
- Massage. The cat sits down on a sore spot and begins to methodically touch its paws. Thus, while making a massage to enhance the effect, the animal can begin to release its claws. The effect is similar to acupuncture.
- Heat. The cat begins to warm problem areas of the body with its body. Even at night, when the owner is tossing and turning, the cat still often occupies the same place;
- Healing rumbling. Surprisingly, the cat’s rumbling soothes the owner. Starting his therapy, the four-legged healer first sniffs the owner, then settles down on the diseased area and begins to massage together with rumbling. This complex therapy helps relieve the stress and fatigue of the owner at the end of the working day.
Furry friends at home help not only in complex treatment of serious diseases but also have a generally positive effect on human health and mood. If you take care of the cat correctly, be an affectionate and loving owner, then your pet will gladly reciprocate!