The Persian cat is one of the most popular breeds today. The original appearance and calm character won her the love of connoisseurs of purring pets all over the world.
In the 19th century, Persian cats were the favorites of the European nobility. They are regal and very proud animals with dignity. Persian behavior is very different from that of other cats.
They do not scream and generally rarely voice. If the Persian needs something from the owner, he will sit next to him and faithfully look into his eyes, expecting a response. Sometimes difficulties arose with this since not all owners quickly understand that something is required of them. But, even if they do, they still have to solve the riddle: what exactly does the cat-like or dislike. Although gradually it becomes easier to do it.
In general, it seems that this breed was created for bliss and pleasure: cats do not rush around the house with a hurricane, do not hunt, and enjoy spending time, wallowing in some warm pleasant place with their owner.
Due to their restrained character, the Persians in the house have an atmosphere of comfort and tranquility. They are in no hurry, they never allow themselves to persistently demand attention from the owner (although they do not mind at all to be stroked, scratched, and pampered in every possible way). This is the ideal cat for those who do not like the intrusiveness and excessive activity of moving breeds.
For all their imposingness, the Persians perfectly learn basic commands and do their best to please their master. They were bred exclusively as a domestic breed.
Persians get along easily with other animals and children. Very patient with her to show interest in a person. They allow themselves to show aggression only in extreme cases.
The Persian has a long, thin coat that requires daily grooming. Otherwise, it falls off, it is incredibly difficult on the undercoat.
Therefore, the Persians should be combed every day using two types of combs: one with thin teeth for the main coat and one with wide teeth for grooming the undercoat.
Persians do not like to wash, water procedures become a test of strength both for them and for the owners.
Conditions of detention
Persians are not overly active and prefer to act only when necessary. Therefore, if it does not make them move, they have problems with being overweight. The necessary load will be provided by daily games, which should become a familiar ritual for both the cat and the owner.
Cats of this breed do not rush to the street and do not really like to walk. Although they will not refuse a short walk.
It is very important to properly organize the place for the Persians to rest. It should be low, warm, and close to the owner. In this case, the cat will feel calm.
How to choose a kitten
So, you answered yes to yourself the questions: to provide your pet with decent care.
The time has come for choosing and purchasing a kitten. It is best to resolve the issue of buying a thoroughbred Persian through specialized clubs. Experts will help you with the choice, and you are guaranteed to buy a healthy high-bred baby.
If there is no such club in your city, we recommend that you follow the following tips:
- take the animal only from the mother cat. So you can evaluate the appearance of the parent, see if she is healthy, in what conditions she is kept with her kittens. You can ask the owners if the kids are accustomed to the tray, what diet they are used to. Serious breeders must provide you with registration documents (metrics or pedigree) for both parents and kittens;
- you can pick up the crumb only after it reaches two months. At this age, he already knows how to feed on his own and will endure separation from his mother. If you plan to use your Persian cat in the future for breeding and participation in exhibitions, while the kitten is three months old. At this age, it is already possible to specifically assess its compliance with the breed standard;
- inspection of your chosen one. The eyes and ears must be clean, the tummy soft. The hair around the anus is clean and dry. There should be no scratching marks or bald spots on the baby’s body. Also, make sure that there is no unpleasant smell from the mouth;
- it is better to purchase kittens together with an expert. He will professionally assess the condition of the animal for compliance with the standard, the absence of signs of genetic diseases. You cannot do without the help of a specialist when choosing a Persian kitten of a complex color;
- of course, all kittens offered to you must be vaccinated and have this documentary evidence.