The Rottweiler is a large and powerful dog, with an impressive exterior that evokes respect and awe. For centuries, this breed has been provided with excellent watchmen and guards. The harsh conditions of detention have hardened their fighting character and formed excellent physical characteristics.
The Rottweiler is an intelligent, serious, and disciplined dog. The presence of outstanding physical data allows him to feel confident even in a difficult situation. Representatives of this breed adapt well to the human environment because from time immemorial they lived among people and helped them. Easily fit into the life rhythm of the owner, feeling his emotional mood.
A well-mannered, socialized dog will not show unreasonable aggression, but day and night he is ready to guard the territory entrusted to him and family members, even at the cost of his own life. Thanks to his innate intelligence, he is able to distinguish between true danger and everyday situations and make the right decision. Sincerely attached to the owner, the Rottweiler is bored and worried alone.
The dog gets along well with children, but it should not be left alone with babies. Being very strong and temperamental by nature, the dog can accidentally push the child, thereby causing him harm. As a nanny, the Rottweiler is definitely not suitable.
It lends itself well to training, but it is not recommended for an inexperienced dog breeder to start it. It is advisable to seek the help of an instructor. Due to illiteracy or lack of training, a dog can grow up to be an aggressive and dangerous danger to others. In any case, the use of a muzzle on the street is necessary.
The Rottweiler does not need special conditions. It is advisable to keep it in the apartment, placing the stove bench away from heating appliances and drafts. In the daytime, he can freely move around the fenced yard. It should be borne in mind that, due to the dense, dense undercoat, representatives of this breed do not tolerate heat and dampness well, therefore, a shed and a booth should be equipped in the yard.
The dog needs to be walked twice a day for at least 15 minutes. Ideally, the duration of being outdoors, accompanied by physical activity, is at least an hour. The dog should be able to run without a leash, respectively, deserted places are chosen – a field, a forest lawn. Mobility and activity are very important for a Rottweiler. It disciplines and prevents obesity.
You should regularly take care of the coat. It is enough to comb out dead hairs with a brush 1-2 times a week. Excessive molting does not threaten the representatives of this breed, but you will still have to scratch them more often, preferably every day. The sooner the pet is taught these manipulations, the more calmly he tolerates them. If you do not scratch the dog, the coat will look untidy, dandruff may appear.
Ears and eyes are examined weekly, claws are trimmed if necessary. You should not neglect routine examinations at the veterinarian, vaccinations. For the full development and maintenance of good physical shape, a pet needs a quality diet. It is advisable to give preference to dry food from well-known manufacturers. You shouldn’t save on quality.
Interesting facts about the breed
Rottweilers are versatile dogs, there are many conflicting opinions about them. There are some interesting facts about this breed.
- These dogs reach psychological and physical maturity for a long time. The Rottweiler becomes an adult by the age of 2.
- To an inexperienced owner, a Rottweiler can cause many problems. Without proper upbringing, he will become dangerous both for himself and for those around him. For this reason, inexperienced dog breeders should not get such a dog.
- These dogs do not tolerate heat well. But they are tolerant of cold due to the thick undercoat.
- They often fight with other dogs, as they feel a rival in them. Small animals against them.
- Rottweilers can be trusted to guard the money. Both earlier and now they are used as a safe, hiding jewelry behind a collar.
- This dog can quickly transform from an affectionate kind pet into a vicious and aggressive animal if it senses danger.
- In cinema and cartoons, they are almost always negative characters.
- Previously, all Rottweilers had their tail docked.
- There are many pictures from the times of Ancient Rome, depicting large, powerful dogs – the ancestors of the Rottweilers.
- These dogs live a little. But there were times when the Rottweiler was 15 years old. There is information about a dog that has lived for 17 years.
Rottweilers have many positive qualities. With a well-developed intellect and a balanced psyche (subject to proper upbringing), they are excellent bodyguards and watchmen. They will not bother the owner, feeling his bad mood, and will find something to do with themselves. Distinguishing a leader, are devoted to the whole family of the family. They do not cause trouble with the content.
- smart, quick-witted, trainable;
- strong, hardy, efficient;
- devotees, faithful, ready to serve a person, but not intrusive;
- medium size allows you to keep a Rottweiler in the apartment;
- molting is moderate, easy to care for;
- the psyche is a stable, calm, balanced character.
But the potential aggressiveness makes this breed dangerous. Feeling threatened, the Rottweiler attacks quickly. When the dog is furious, it is impossible to drag him away, he does not feel pain. Therefore, such a pet is not suitable for everyone. Before starting a dog, you need to study what are the disadvantages of Rottweilers:
- stubbornness, aggressiveness;
- it is difficult to gain credibility because they like to dominate;
- get along badly with other animals;
- the great need for high physical activity;
- the need for strict education;
- have a hard time changing the owner;
- increased salivation;
- the tendency to obesity and special nutrition.
If you need a loyal friend who will remain loyal to the very end, then the Rottweiler will be perfectly accurate. The breed is distinguished by a number of necessary traits that are easy to enter into any family and become part of it.