Do you want to feed your dog as varied as possible and are wondering whether your companion can also eat grapes? The answer to that is no because the fruits can seriously damage or even kill your animal! You need to be careful that they are out of his reach.
Grapes for Dogs in Brief
- Dogs are never allowed to eat grapes. This applies to all varieties and types, regardless of whether they are green, red, white, blue, dried, or seedless.
- Consumption leads to unpleasant symptoms and, in the worst case, even death.
- Keep the fruit out of your favorite’s reach.
Why are Dogs Not Allowed to Eat Grapes? Are Grapes Bad for Dogs?
The fruits are poisonous for your four-legged friend and can lead to his death. The reason for the intolerance has not yet been clarified. But the fact is: as little as ten grams of fruit per ten kilograms of body weight can be fatal. Most death occurs from kidney failure.
Can Dogs Eat Raisins?
No, never feed raisins! Raisins are even more poisonous for the four-legged friends than the fresh fruits. With raisins, three grams per ten kilograms of body weight are enough to be fatal. Never give your darling raisins to eat!
Can Dogs Eat Seedless or Red Grapes?
It is not scientifically clear what the toxic effect is related to. It is possible that the toxin is hidden in the nuclei. It is also conceivable that a certain dye causes the symptoms of intoxication. It is crucial that you prevent your fur nose from eating grapes. This is how you avoid any risk.
What are the Symptoms of Grape Poisoning?
If a four-legged friend has eaten grapes, the following symptoms may occur:
- Stomach cramps;
- Kidney failure.
What Do I Do When My Dog Has Eaten Grapes?
When your little one has finished eating the fruit, do the following:
- If possible, check how much he has consumed.
- If the amount was high, contact a veterinarian. They can tell you what best to do.
- Watch your fur nose and watch out for any symptoms.
- If you notice any symptoms, see your vet immediately.