Let’s talk about horse riding not as a sport, but as an activity for the sake of pleasure. The horse, which for many centuries was the only vehicle, now, especially for city dwellers, has become an exotic animal. Horseback riding, horseback riding is a special event for the townspeople. Meanwhile, it is not only pleasant but also useful. Horseback riding – helps to relax, relieve stress. To stay in the saddle, the rider needs to adjust his movements. Such gymnastics strengthens muscles, improves coordination of movements. Horse riding is useful for people of any age.
What are the benefits of horse riding?
Horse riding is a great opportunity to take a break from everyday life, forget about worries and problems, improve health and physical fitness. In addition, communication with a horse in itself gives joy and a lot of pleasant emotions.
- Riding a horse forces all major muscle groups to engage. The psoas muscles work first. The need to maintain balance makes you tense your back and abdominal muscles. Blood circulation is activated, the work of the digestive system is improved.
- Exercising the vestibular apparatus while riding will help cope with the discomfort during long bus rides or sea trips.
- The acquisition of new skills, the ability to handle a horse, to stay in the saddle, – increase the feeling of self-confidence. Horse control teaches concentration and coordination of actions.
- Balance is achieved through correct posture. This develops the habit of keeping your back straight at all times, not just while riding.
- Communication with a horse calms the nervous system, relieves stress at work. Doctors recommend such exercises for people in a state of nervous exhaustion and for children with diseases of the nervous system.
- Horse riding is recommended for people of all ages. Such physical activity is not associated with stress on the heart, so it is useful even for those who have suffered a heart attack. For those who have sedentary work and who are not ready to play sports related to physical activity, such as crossfit, riding a horse will be both useful and pleasant.
The horse is a fairly peaceful animal. In addition, beginners are always given especially calm animals. Still, you need to know some rules for handling a horse:
- you need to approach the horse only on the left side, and get off only on the left side;
- movements should be smooth and calm, for example, if you want to pet a horse, do it smoothly and talk to it quietly;
- never walk behind a horse.
Knowing these simple rules and following the instructions of the instructor will help you quickly learn to ride and get the joy of communicating with a horse – a strong and beautiful animal with which you can make friends.