Cute-looking and persistent in character, Yorkshire Terriers won hearts, set at home and as a friend for children. The long and luxurious coat, which evenly falls to the very ground, gives a special nobility to dogs of this breed.
A small dog with great pleasure will accompany its owner anywhere and bark loudly if it feels dangerous. It would seem that there is no better pet. But against this background, there are several spots of beauty. The most striking disadvantages of the dog are stubbornness and dominance.
But the list of merits and demerits of Yorkies doesn’t end there. Therefore, before deciding to buy a puppy, you need to think carefully about how to help you cope with this animal or not, whether you have enough patience, strength, and time.
So that you fully understand what a dog such as a Yorkshire Terrier is, we will consider the pros and cons of the breed further.
Interesting facts about Yorkshire terriers
- Each creature has many different interesting facts in its history. This is not surprising, because the history of ancestors, pedigree, curious stories from the life of previous generations of the four-legged pupil, undoubtedly, are useful and interesting owners of Yorkshire terriers:
- The smallest representative named Sylvia left her mark in the large family of Yorkville. She lived in England and, unfortunately, she had a chance to live only two years. The height of the mini-dog was 6.3 cm, weight – 112 g.
- Yorkie owners who live in suburban areas should pay extra attention to the hunting instincts of their wards. The fact is that while walking in the forest, the doggie can catch and eat a beetle or find a wild mouse that the owl has lost. After such “treats” the dog is in most cases indigestion.
- In the history of breeding miniature Yorkies, there are cases when the owners specifically gave little food to their wards, as a result, growth was inhibited. The goal of these would-be dog lovers was to get mini-dogs, but they suffered from such keeping of animals. Their psyche was disturbed as well as their health. The life expectancy of babies was markedly reduced.
- The Huddersfield Ben is considered a celebrity among the large family of Yorkshire terriers. This dog has managed to win 74 prizes in his life, besides this dog is considered the “father of the breed”. Unfortunately, his life was short-lived. At the age of 6, he was hit by a crew.
- Compact dimensions
- Friendly character and dedication
- Love for children
- Getting along with other pets
- External attractiveness and popularity
- York is a great model, both in life and on the catwalk
- High intelligence and discernment
- High learning ability
- Positive attitude towards people and sociability
- Life expectancy indicators
- The need for attention.
- Yorkies are often lost or stolen.
- Features of nutrition.
- The need for a wardrobe.
- The tendency to breakdowns.
- High cost and expensive maintenance.
The Yorkshire Terrier is an excellent companion, loyal, and at times a real family member. So is it possible to evaluate a pet on a scale of pros and cons? He loves his family wholeheartedly and deserves the same relationship.